The rental base fee, starting at $49.00, typically allows for 5 hours and 30 minutes of vehicle usage, which may be extended in cases of unusually slow traffic.
This includes all taxes and fuel, and base liability insurance. It does not include car damage, which can be purchased for $9.00 from allianz.com
You must have either rental car coverage through your car insurance provider or through a supplemental provider such as your credit card company or Allianz.
A security deposit of $300.00 is required. This amount will be charged to a credit card 48 hours before your rental and will be refunded when the rental is closed without incident.
If you are a driver with an international driver’s licenses and we approve your rental request, your Security Deposit will be $1,500.00. You will also be required to purchase third party rental insurance.
Your Security Deposit will be returned within 24 hours of returning your rental if there is no damage found. It will take 3-10 business days to be processed back to your credit card account. If damage is found, you will be notified via email and a Tesloop Concierge will work with you to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.
Shuttle Credits, Carmiq Credits and any other form of credit, discount or coupons may not be applied to the Security Deposit, but can be applied to the core rental cost.
Tesla charges Idle fees if you do not remove your vehicle from a charger after it is charged to its limit. Any idle fees incurred while Supercharging during your rental period will be charged at a rate of $1/minute.
- 0% Refund - Less than 24 hours before the start of the reservation.
- 50% Refund - Less than 48 hours before the start of the reservation.
- 75% Refund - Less than 7 days before the reservation start time.
- 100% Refund - More than 7 days before the reservation start time.
Please inform your Tesloop Concierge if you will be late, by replying to your confirmation text or calling.
Your rental starts at the reservation pick up time stated on your Rental Itinerary.
You have up to 1.5 hours (90 minutes) from the reservation pick up time on the Rental Itinerary to pick up the vehicle.
After 90 minutes we will offer the vehicle to standby renters who are on the waitlist. If a renter from the waitlist accepts the rental you will lose your rental, and be charged your full amount
If there are no standby renters on the waitlist, the rental will still be made available to you. Your drop off time may or may not be extended depending on the vehicle’s availability and scheduling for the day.
If you drop off time is not extended, you may incur the late drop off fee depending on how late you arrive.
The Tesloop rental service relies upon customers to inform us if they are unable to complete their rental travel. Therefore, if you do not show up and do not let us know, you are charged a “no show” fee.
- If you do not show up to pick up the vehicle and you don’t inform or communicate to your Tesloop Concierge prior to 90 minutes after the reservation pick up time, you lose the rental fare and will be charged an equal rental fare fee (i.e. $59 fare + $59 fee = $118) which will be deducted from your Security Deposit.
- If you do not show up to pick up the vehicle, but you inform Tesloop prior to the 90 minutes after the reservation time start, you will only lose the rental fare (i.e. $59 fare).
- For cancellations before the pick up time, see cancellations.
If you drop the vehicle off at an improper location that requires Tesloop to pick up the vehicle you incur a fee on your Security Deposit and will be charged. You may also be charged the full price of a tow if it is required to pick up the vehicle.
- $150 Fee
- + Tow Fee if applicable
- + $1.00/minute until vehicle is at agreed upon destination from improper drop off location.
How does it work?
Tesloop can keep the cost of rental vehicles very low by keeping them running around the clock. However, this model requires that we always get cars back on time, otherwise the next customer can be negatively impacted. Therefore, late fees are significant. We give you more than an hour of extra time in case you want to stop and refresh. We also monitor traffic conditions and accidents, and will give you a grace period if our system indicates that traffic is causing delays.
- $1.00 Per 1 minute of lateness
- The end of the rental is being checked out
You will not be charged if you are delayed by traffic only; if you’re late due to staying to long at a charge stop, or stopping somewhere else and then you hit traffic - you will still be charged.
- Refunds for early return are not available. No credits.
- You will get your Security Deposit back if there is no damage found to your rental.
- Lost key will be replaced, including labor.
- $249 for Model X/S/3 key fob or $50 for Model 3 card key.
If the renter does not comply with the authorized use and charging instructions for the vehicle and consequently runs out of range, and needs to be towed to a supercharger.
- Tow fee and late fees
Renter is responsible for all Fines, Tolls, or Violations that occur during Vehicle Use Period and must inform Tesloop of any Fines, Tolls, or Violations. Failure to make Tesloop aware of the Fine, Toll, Violation will result in fee of $75 and an administration fee between $5 and $25.
Toll Roads: Customers are able to utilize the FasTrak Toll Roads Hwy 73 and will be billed at the end of the rental or thereafter.
If you get a ticket, please send a photo of the citation to Tesloop to avoid the extra fee. If you do not pay the ticket in a timely manner, Tesloop will pay for it and apply the cost of the ticket.
Speeding: Vehicles are limited to 85 miles per hour to reduce risk of accidents.
Smoking and/or vaping is prohibited in all Tesloop vehicles. A charge up to $300.00 can apply when smoking has occurred during the Vehicle Use Period.
During the checkout process you will have the opportunity to select the following cleanliness fee options:
- Free | This option means that you plan on removing your personal items as well as removing all trash from the interior of the vehicle.
- If trash removal is required by Tesloop, you will be charged $15-$25.
An email with the images taken of the vehicle after your rental will be sent to you for your records.